The Girls Without Pants

I loved the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares. I loved it because I could relate to each of the four girls in some fundamental way. I could relate to Tibby for the way she dressed and her creative streak. I could relate to Carmen for her stubborn streak and her dad in another state. Lena's dark features and need to follow the rules and Bridget's wild side connected with pieces of me.

The last I saw this old friends they were in college and life was good. I waved them good-bye as they strode confidently forward into happy lives together.

Or, so I thought.

Sisterhood Everlasting is a bitter sweet reunion. The first couple of chapters were a bit slow. I was glad to greet my friends again, but something was just a little too predictable about where they ended up.

Or, so I thought.

Soon I recognized new pieces of myself in this nearly thirty year-old women. New, much more complicated grown-up problems surround the girls this time. Magic comes slow and at tremendous cost. By the end of the book I was sobbing, for the sweetness of hope, for the profound reality of loss, for the sisterhood and for myself.

If you're a Sisterhood fan, you won't be sorry you stepped back into the story, but you will be deeply touched by the story that unfolds.

http://annbrashares.com/Sisterhood.htm

Comments