Mark your calendar! Upcoming Opportunities to Learn about Social Media and Writing Across Generations

 


In addition to my fun new banner, which I can't resist sharing here I have some exciting things going on recently! I was excited to add the word "speaker" next to "author" on my site because I have some fabulous and fun upcoming speaking engagements this year!

Check out a few of my upcoming engagements and mark your calendar!

Sunday, May 1 at 1:45 p.m. I'm speaking at the Washington Romance Writer's Retreat for register attendees. I hope to see you there! I'll be presenting:

Social Media 101: How to Harness the Right Social Media to Promote Your Book

In this course, we'll explore each of the major social media platforms that are popular today including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Snapchat and Tiktok. We'll discuss their target audience, how they are successfully levered by authors to build their platform, and how to decide which platforms best fit your author brand. We'll also discuss tools that can help you build and maintain a social media presence more effectively.

I'm also going to be sharing this workshop in an upcoming webinar for The Aged To Perfection Romance Writer's at 9 a.m. on May 14. Non-members can join for only $10! 

Lastly, I'm excited to share that I'll also be conducting a webinar for Aged to Perfection in the Fall on October 1 at 9 a.m. sharing how to write authentically across generations. Here is a little more on that presentation:

Every Generation 

As writer’s we know that every character has their own unique set of aspirations, goals and personality. But those exist within a larger context. Every generation has its own set of expectations, shaping experiences, relationship with technology and ways of interacting that are norms among that cohort. Marketers study these to hone messages to sell products and services. As authors we can use this information to shape realistic conflicts and build authentic multi-generational relationships among our characters. We’ll cover each of the generations living today—what experiences shaped them, what makes them unique, how their values conflict with other generations.

I'm excited about these opportunities to connect with writers!

Comments