Time Outside Time

I'm stealing away each day this week for a few hours to write. I've got a few projects in the works that I'm excited about! I'm working on shaping final edits on my latest full manuscript, Crashing Melodies. I'm shaping up The Keeper's Daughter for a contest entry and I'm working on a new project with a great friend of mine, trading chapters and building a contemporary romance with a few twists.

This is the week we spend at what I call family camp-- catching up with friends we've missed all year, hearing from powerful speakers, doing tie-die and just relaxing with an ice cream cone. It's time outside time, although with not enough sleep to go around there are a few dramatic moments.

It's a good time to reflect, re-center and commit to something new in the upcoming year. (I still think in school years versus calendar years with two kids at home.)

My reflections are that I want to prioritize my writing more, keep up with my blog more and do a whole lot more social justice work, especially regarding public education and race relations. I don't know what shape the next iteration of my work will take, but I've got some ideas in mind after just the first few days of this week. I can't wait to share more!

Comments