Promotion! Prepping for RWA National Conference

I'm hard at work prepping for the 2012 RWA National Conference. It's not until July, but my handouts are due in early April. This is my first chance to attend the conference and I'm going to be leading a workshop. 

This week has been all about perfecting the handouts. Since I'll be translating all the skills I've learned in my marketing and public relations day job into a powerful package for authors, I've been doing a little extra homework. I sent a few interview questions out to journalists to understand what their pet peeves are in the publishing industry.  he good news is that they're much the same as they would be in any other industry. The golden rules of PR are still solid.  What a relief.

As we get closer, I'll post tidbits about the workshop. If you're planning to attend the conference, put my workshop on your agenda. If not, I'll post the link for how to order the recording from RWA after the conference.

Comments