Thank you world

We spent thanksgiving in Los Angeles, the land of sunshine and roses (also smog and traffic, but I'm trying to focus on the good here). We had a beautiful time, but I'm thankful to be home.

I'm also thankful for:

1. Barbie dolls. Those plastic little blonds with the massively bizarre figures were the obsession of my childhood. My feminist ideals should make me hate them now, but the truth is I still get excited when I see the newest dream house. I just wish Ken had been sturdier. Why did his head insist on popping off all the time? I was delighted to grow up and find that real men were able to keep their heads on their shoulders. Well, most of the time anyway.

2. Chocolate. Yum. What more can I say? Not much, since my mouth is busy eating it right now.

3. Romantic movies. From Casablanca to The Little Mermaid all kinds of movies can take a bad day and make it wonderful with a little splash of love.

4. Warm blankets. When paired with chocolate and romantic movies, what can possibly be better?

5. Books. What else can make seven hours on airplanes feel like five minutes? Cheers to Second Grave on the Right, my Kindle companion from LA to Ohio. 

What are you thankful for this December?

Comments