How many of these books have you read?

John and I are both book lovers and we have a cascading stack of books in nearly every nook of our house. There don't seem to be enough bookshelves to house them all, despite the fact that we keep buying and building more shelves. More truthfully, I help buy them and then John builds them. Even the addition of the Kindle has done nothing to stem the tide of books.

Today, I attempted to straighten one of our shelves and wondered about the eclectic mix of books it held. I wondered if anyone had read the whole slew of them other than me. Then, of course, I wondered what it meant about me that I had read them all and then haphazardly shelved them together.


How many of these books have you read?

1. The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger
2. The Things They Carried, Tim O'Brien
3. My Life and Hard Times, James Thurber
3. Love in the Time of Chloria, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
4. Little House on the Prairie, Laura Wilder
5. Dead Until Dark, Charlaine Harris
6. Three to Get Deadly, Janet Evanovich
7. Are You There God It's Me Margaret, Judy Blume
8. The Missing Persons League, Frank Bonham
9. Twilight, Stephanie Meyer
10. The Men Who Stare at Goats, Jon Ronson
11. Babyhood, Paul Reiser
12. The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway

These are just my books on this particular shelf. I've skipped over John's because they aren't my books to share.

Comments

Post a Comment