Emily Finalist!

 One thing I love to do in the early stages of a new draft is to test the waters through regional writing contests. This year I entered my work-in-progres in the YA category and it made the finalists. I won't know until March how it did, but I did get some awesome feedback from first round judges to strengthen the story. That's the best part of these contests and definitely worth taking the time to enter. 

This new story is different from what I've written before. Set in a fictional contemporary country under siege from within and from the countries it borders, it's a story of about a young woman who falls in love with a prince who could destroy her and her entire family, and about a prince who falls in love with a woman who shatters everything he's ever believed to be true. 

We'll see how the story evolves with its next draft!



Comments