Pitching, Querying and Bringing Dreams to Reality


I've been pitching and querying my young adult paranormal romance Darkest Time recently. One thing I've learned in this process is that rejection is hard. We make up stories about why we are being rejected and use them to convince ourselves to quit. But I really believe in this story. I've written, edited, rewritten, sought advice from critique partners and editors, entered it in contests and gotten advice from industry experts who judged those contests. I've had beta readers offer advice and I've been willing to pull the book apart and put it back together in a new way. 

I have had several requests from agents and even one recently from an editor at a conference I attended virtually. Publishing a book is a dream of mine, but a dream is just that unless you work hard, set a goal and go after your goal with action. I'm doing what I need to do to turn my dream into reality and I'm not giving up. 

While I pitch this book I'm editing another one and working on writing another on my own, while collaborating on yet another with two of my good friends. The goal line might not be clear to me yet but I have no doubt if I keep pushing myself, learning, growing and connecting with the writing and publishing community my time will come.

Bottom line: I'm not giving up on this goal and you shouldn't give up on yours either. 

Comments